Saturday, October 4, 2008

Nothing New

I don't really haven't anything exciting to blog, but I haven't done any for awhile. So I thought I might mention what I do all day. From the looks of my house, cleaning is not the answer. Some days I work at the gym. This is a great job because I get to take my kids with me and I get a free gym membership. The best part is that I'm only on-call, so I don't even work that much. I really need the membership, 5 years of marriage+2 kids = and extra 60 pounds. I have already lost 23 pounds with a lot to go, but at least we are making progress. Some days Kaitlyn has preschool. It takes about 20-30min to walk round trip, and it usually during Carsen's nap time, so he is ready to create messes when we get home. I can usually get the dishes done and the bed made before I have to get Kaitlyn. Oh, yeah, I also make a ton of RS phone calls while she is at preschool. Other days we have story time at the library, or a playgroup or some RS visits to do. Then it is lunch time and nap time. If I'm really lucky both kids nap at the same time. Then I do dishes, sweep, etc. Then kids wake up, dinner has to be started because Rich will be home for about an hour or so before he leaves again. Then its dinner, bath, stories, bed time...man your battle stations, and usually everyone is in bed by 9:30pm. By this time I give up on the dishes...did I mention I do have a dishwasher...her name is Aleisha...check my e-mail make a list of to do things for tomorrow and go to bed until 3-4am when Carsen thinks he needs to sleep with us, so I kick Kailtyn out of our bed, and put Carsen in until Rich gets up at 4:30-5am to head out for another long day. All in all I can't complain. I love it. Kaitlyn, Carsen, and I always have some activity or project going on, and Rich never gets mad when the house is still messy when he gets home. He just asks if we had fun today. (How could you not when you spend half your day pretending to be a horse, or a farmer, or a big sister. :) So that is what I do all day. How about you?

6 comments:

Jenn said...

You'll have to come visit us one day. Talon would love to spend an entire day being a farmer!! Sounds like all your hard work is starting to pay off (down 23 lbs is amazing!!), good luck with it! By the way, we really got a laugh out of you last post. Poor Rich!

Erin said...

You forgot the part about painting your nails & eating ice cream while watching soaps on tv.

jess said...

Sheesh you're a busy woman. You should delegate to me more! You're pretty funny at describing your tasks. Kids sure make a crazy and fun day!

Becky Moss said...

Aleisha, have I ever told you I think you are amazing and I want so badly to have your postive outlook on everything. I hope all is well and keep up the hard work. By the way my email is moss.becky@gmail.com. If you send me your email I will invite you to our blog.

Caywood Clan said...

Wow and I thought I had a busy day! You're a Terriffic person and I totally miss hanging out with you guys! I've been telling everyone for months now that we all need get together...I know we saw eachother at Brynnah's party(she's LOVES the potato head btw)but to me everything was a blur and I totally need a girls nite out and I'm sure all the other moms need one as well. Hopefully we can get together soon!

TeamBennett said...

What a day!! You go girl! Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome! Wish I could have that kind of energy. Don't you love that you have a preschooler now. I love that I get a few hours with just Addy and I.