Monday, February 2, 2009

Here's the latest from us....

Well, our weekend plans got shaken up a bit, but we had a good time. We were going to leave the kids in Emmett for Saturday so we could go to a meeting in Boise. Friday Rich was needing a little pick me up, so after he got home from work I took him to Good Times, a burger joint. Let me just say it is a good thing that I only know of one of them and it isn't close to Richard's work because he LOVED his Big Daddy Bacon Cheese Burger it. We got to Emmett and the kids were up all night Friday night and we all overslept on Saturday. So Rich worked with my dad and Alex, they helped Trevor with his Eagle scout project and cleaned out the garage. I did chores with my mom, did a little shopping in Emmett, and we all ended the day with a shake from Roe Ann's drive in. ( A drive-in like no other..found only in Emmett.) It was fun. Kaitlyn and Carsen would not come inside. Kaitlyn actually caught one of the chickens!! It was so fun to watch them chase them. Carsen is following in his sister's footsteps and is not afraid of the animals at all. We got a call on Sat and they needed a sub for nursery on Sunday so we just told them Rich and I would do it. Sunday was family dinner at Grandpa and Grandma Marys house, then to Bishop Buck's for Superbowl where once again Ida made buns just for Rich. (he is sooo spoiled!). It was fun to spend the weekend with the family. Now Richard is getting ready to take his board Thursday morning. I know that he will do great!!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I saw from the link of your house that you guys live in Blackhawk Subdivision, we lived there 2 1/2 years ago on Sonoran and really loved it, the ward was great but has split since we moved. And I agree, there is no drive-in like Roe-Ann!

Jamica said...

I think it's funny that both of my sister's in law are posting about how happy their husbands (my brothers!) are when they are well fed! Must run in the gene's!

Good Luck with boards, Rich!

Kari said...

I just love reading your blog!! Which hospital does Richard work at? My sister just got a job at St Lukes in the lab but she's out in Nampa I think. Just wondering. I hope you are adjusting!! Dang, I miss you guys!