Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorable Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was wonderful. We got to see my little brother, who is not all that little, graduate from High school. WOOT!! WOOT!! At this time last year he was getting his Eagle. Way to go Alex!!! I would list all the amazing things he has done, but my post would be way too long. :) We love you.

Kaitlyn also went finshing for the first time ever! She loved it. And she even caught a fish with the help of Rich and Unlce Torry. (Thanks guys!)



So we can never visit grandma and leave without a story. This time, Taryn and Kaitlyn were so excited because they found a baby mouse in the lawn. Taryn informed us that it was dead. When her mom asked what they were going to do with it she said, "Feed it to kitty Moe so he can eat it all up!" Kaitln informed us that they were going to bury it. (oh, and yes, they did wash their hands very well after it was buried. ) :)


It was also amazing to think that one year ago we were sitting in the hospital with Carsen. Yes, the same tank of a kid you see today. I look back and can only see the Lords hand guiding us to our present place in life. I could not see that trial as a blessing then, but now, that trial was one of our greatest blessings. It opened our eyes to a job that Richard enjoys even after working for 12-14 hours in one day. This memorial day I give thanks to my Father in Heaven for the abundance of blessing he has poured out on me.

7 comments:

Mom Force said...

We are all blessed and grateful that Carsen is well. Congratulations to Alex. It looks like a real fun weekend. The pictures are great!

Anonymous said...

How fun! It is always so fun spending time with family!

LindsMcConk said...

Gosh, what a tear-jerker! It's so nice to be able to look BACK at those experiences because it really is hard at the time to know that blessings will come... I'm so glad he's such a healthy boy! And tell Alex CONGRATS! I don't even know him that well but I know he is a GREAT kid and will go so far in life! That pic of him and your mom is SO priceless :)

Ashley Reno said...

I love the pictues. I am so sad that I forgot my camera. I am going to have to get copies of yours. Anyway, sorry I didn't call you tonight like I said. I didn't have the cell phone. Love ya. Hopefully your project turned out. It was looking cute.

Erin said...

Glad you guys had a great weekend, i can't believe it's been a whole year & how much Carsen has changed. He is such a cutie, you guys are really so lucky to have him in your family.

Caywood Clan said...

so i just have to say how much I miss you! I need to soak up some of your faithfullness and sunshine...I'm really looking forward to seeing you! I'm having a rough time as the time for transplant approaches....Love ya!

Andrew and Shandee said...

Your kids are so dang cute. Congrats to your brother for gratuating. Mine did too.