Saturday, October 17, 2009

Humble

Okay, so those of you that know me at all, know that I am not one to depend on others for much, if anything. I like to help others and am not good at receiving it at all. This last week I was one of the lucky million to get the flu. YUCK! Lucky for me, I have a husband that is very trained in dealing with bad patients and knows just how to take care of sick ones. It was extremely humbling for me to sit in bed, or the chair all day while he cleaned (better than I do) took care of the kids, and all the other tasks that I attempt to do daily. I don't understand how he makes it looks so easy, and he was happy. And he still managed to constantly tell me to stay in bed and get me things the whole time.. All I can say is he is AMAZING. I am blessed to have such a caring husband that hold the priesthood, and such wonderful kids. Not to mention the friends and family that brought meals so that Rich didn't have to cook. :) I am feeling much better, at least until I see the ER bill...ha ha ha. Kaitlyn has a fever, but seems to be okay. They are great sports for being cooped up in the house for so long. At least the weather has been nice enough to go in the backyard and play. We will find out Monday if its a boy or girl. We will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Yay! I'm excited for Monday! Be sure to post what it is!! Husbands are amazing!! What's crazy is how they make us feel amazingly incompetent b/c they do things SOO well when they are playing Mommy. When Adam is home and needed, he's cleaning, doing dishes, laundry, FOLDING laundry, playing with the kids, cooking, baking, and letting the kids help!! And it's all just within a few hours! It's wonderful but I feel like such a schmuck! Then someone reminded me that of course they can do it so well, they do it like once a month!! Either way, I'm grateful for a wonderful husband as well. Hope you get feeling better!!

LindsMcConk said...

I'm so sorry you're sick... It is so hard to be sick and be a mom! Thank goodness for mr mom though, right? Andrew can do it all too and I have no idea how!!! I hope you're feeling better!

Jamica said...

Oh, Aleisha! I wish I could be there to take the kids or bring you a meal or just to give you a hug and rub or back or something! Just from witnessing Aubree be so miserable I know you must really be hurting! I can't imagine feeling like that while being pregnant!!! I'm glad Rich is treating you well. Rich I love you for being a good husband and father (and a good brother!) Keep up the good work. And get better fast!