Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Okay, before I get to the pictures of the kids, I have to share my thoughts about Christmas this year. I have been thinking about the story of Christ recorded in Luke and Matthew. I am having a really hard time believing that only the wise men and the Shepards came to see Baby Jesus. Don't you think if there were tonz of people they would have mentioned that too? Prophets have foretold of the sign for years before he was born, and there were a ton of people in the city for the census. Don't you think even in you didn't believe you would go and see this baby just because you were there. I guess to put it in modern terms, I will stand in line for ever to get a toy on sale, but would I have stood in line to see baby Jesus? Was there even a line?

Here are the pictures you have been waiting for. Richard had to work Christmas Eve day and Christmas day, so we opened all our presents on Christmas Eve after Rich got home, and then woke the kids at 5am to see what Santa brought on Christmas morning.

Growing up my family tradition was to get new PJ's on Christmas Eve. My Dad and Mom however have a new tradition for the grandkids. They get a new pillowcase (made by Grandma) and a new book on Christmas Eve.

Kailtyn and Carsen love their stick horses and hats. Carsen couldn't figure out how to hold it and walk at the same time. He just put his knees together to hold the sick and jumped up and down. It was so funny! Kaitlyn also got a handmade doll from Grandma McConkie. (Sorry I don't have any pictures just yet.) This doll has a name and story of one of our anstors with it. I bet I love it more than she does, but it is really neat.

Rich and his suggie!

I got the best Christmas present ever this year. A coupon book from Richard. This is not just any coupon book. They are lamanated, reuseable, can be combined with other offers, and they NEVER expire! They include things like cooking dinner, a back stratch, an uninterupted bubble bath, a date night, a temple night, etc.

We have been so very blessed this year, and had a wonderful Christmas with family.

2 comments:

Will and Heidi said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas!

Jamica said...

I love the pillow case idea! SO cute! And I LOVE the picture of Rich in his snuggie! That is so Richard!

That coupon book sounds priceless!
thanks for posting pictures!