Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year, New Goals

Okay, so I always set little goals for myself...(if you make little goals there is less room for failure right?) This year I thought I should actually write them down. This post is more for me than anyone else, so I can look back and see what I had really wanted to accomplish this year.

Our biggest family goal is FHE once a week, whenever Rich is home, and daily scripture study and prayer with the kids. While Rich is working nights we have found the best time to read scriptures is right after dinner around the kitchen table.

My next goal is my personal goal. It is always to loose weight, and in the end I always loose some, and then gain about 3 times as much as I lost. But this year my goal is to run 3 miles. I would love to run a 5k, but I'm not going to be picky. If I can run 3 miles and not die, I think I will be a pretty amazing person! (The most I have ever run in my life is 1.3 miles on a treadmill last fall. ) The hard part about this is that I can't start until after the baby comes. I have been going to the gym and will continue going, but no hard training for awhile. *I'm also hoping in the back of my mind that I'll loose some weight too. :) I have other things I would like to work on, like being a funner mom, more spontanious, and being able to laugh about things.

Couple Goals: Rich and I also set a goal to read the book of Mormon cover to cover in the month of August. It is called our August Rush. It is hard, you have to read 8 chapters a day, but it is an amazing feeling when you are done. We have done it a few times already, and I look forward to it each year.

So those are my little goals for this year. I will keep you all posted about my progress...and if I don't, please ask how it is going, then I will remember I need to be working on it!

3 comments:

Christiansen 6 said...

Looks like you have set some good goals. I need to write mone down too! I am sure you will be able to accomplish them! Good luck and keep us updated!

Emily said...

Good for you! I have a few goals I'd like to accomplish this year too, and I need a constant reminder of what I'm working on!

Jamica said...

I love you, Aleisha! You are such a good person, mother and wife. Those goals sound perfect. i have many of the same goals. I will ask you about your goals sometime soon.... return the favor and ask me about mine!

I can't believe you are getting so close to your due date! Are you feeling okay? Hang in there. I can't wait to meet your little girl (MY NEICE!)