Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Things I forgot





Having three has is really not much different than having two. However, there are some things that I have forgotten.

Babies do not sleep at night.
Babies poop A LOT.
One Dora episode is only 24min long and that is not long enough for mom's nap.
Babies have a lot of laundry.
Babies like to eat when the other kids need something.
My house may never be clean again.
Cold cereal and cartoons may hold the kids off for about 45min and then I really have to get out of bed.
It takes at least 25 min and two adults to get the car loaded.
Babies are loud sleepers.

The feeling of a new baby curled up sleeping on your chest.
How good a new clean baby smells.
How peaceful a new baby looks while it sleeps.
How fast they change and grow.
The joy that a new baby can bring into our life.


7 comments:

Shelly said...

Aww!! So cute!! Love the pictures! How are you doing?? Let me know what Rich's schedule is like this week so I can be of help!!

Emily said...

How quickly we forget! We think we've prepared ourselves for the new arrival, but once it gets here, we realize we haven't even scratched the surface! But don't worry, like you said everything changes so fast. Before you know it she'll be starting kindergarten too!

Andrea :) said...

I totally appreciate this post! My baby is now 1 month old and we are still trying to find the "perfect" cartoon for my 3-year-old to watch so I can sleep longer. ;)

Good luck to you guys! Your kids are adorable! :)

Erin said...

Awww, I know exactly what you mean. I miss it already, crazy.

Will and Heidi said...

congrats on the new little one! She's adorable

Jen B said...

Ohhhhh! I love these pics! Too cute! It will be a great thing for Kaitlyn and you when she goes to kindergarten in the fall! That's at least 3 hours! he he!

Jamica said...

She is SO beautiful! Thanks for posting more pics! I can't wait to see her in person.... I just love her already!