Sunday, May 9, 2010

Just a scratch




So, I had just barely called my Mom for Mother's Day and was still on the phone with her when I hear a bang and then Kaitlyn is crying. I asked my mom if I could call her back and hung up. Kaitlyn had fallen behind our bed. I turned around and saw blood gushing down kaitlyn's face. So I grabbed her and put her in the bathtub to try and control the bleeding. Well needless to say, I looked once the bleeding had stopped and saw a huge gash in her forehead that I am pretty sure went all the way down. It was really deep. It was about an inch long, maybe a little less but almost as deep. I did not know there was that much tissue on the forehead. We put a bandaid on it, stuck the kids in the car and dropped the other two at the Prices (thanks Kade and Ashley for short notice emergency baby care) and drove to the urgent care. 4 stitches later and a little bit of nervous feelings with the numbing shot and Kaitlyn is as good as new. Of course, being two, Carsen had to have a matching bandaid. All is well and Kaitlyn says she is feeling fine. They will come out next sunday (probably right here at home).

4 comments:

Emily said...

There's never a dull moment at your house is there? Of course, that's life with kids! Gotta love it!

Ashley Reno said...

Brynlee is very concerned about poor Kaitlyn. She said prayers for her last night. Hope she is doing ok. Love ya.

LindsMcConk said...

Wow! That's an exciting mother's day... You are all so tough, and you made it seem like no big deal! I'm glad she's doing well! :)

Jamica said...

Kaitlyn, I think Seth will call you "Harry Potter!"