Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This one is for Sharlee

Normally my posts are about the kids and family stuff. I have been tagged by a friends to answer some questions and have decided to take the challenge. It has been a lot harder than I thought. Here goes:

1. Is there any one principle that you think all people should live their lives by? If yes-what?

I don't know if it is really a principle or not, but the first thing that comes to my mind is "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." I think that would solve so many of the worlds problems. I think we (me included) are very selfish and greedy. If we would not worry so much about us...and how everyone else affects us and if we would worry more about how we affect others I think the world would just plain be a better place.

2. What is the most indulgent thing you do in your week?
Hum...Depends on the week. My gym time, or the time I spend blogging and shopping for road bikes online after the kids go to bed.

3.Which
one event in your life has had the most impact?

I think that being the Governor for the Utah-Idaho Key Club district had a huge impact on my life. Not only did it provide the way to meet my husband, but it also gave me the chance to build confidence in myself, make some amazing friends, and realize how important my relationship with my family is. It has played a huge part of who I am today. I also think that my loving Father in Heaven had a huge hand in it. (I only won by one vote).

4.What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?

I have had so many kind things done for me. I think my husband has topped them all. Not only has he caught my puke (gross I know, but true) He has cleaned the house from top to bottom and stayed home to work, while I was off hanging out with friends. I love you Rich!

5. You have to give a ten minute speech at a high school, what is it about?

I think my would be about self worth. I think many people struggle with thinking or knowing that they are worth something and their actions show that. I think if they had more self worth/self esteem many of the problems they face would be eliminated or at least minimized.

6.What drives you every day?

My KIDS! Yes, Love them to death. They are up at 6:30-7am every morning and not only do they dictate my life, They are the reason I do pretty much everything.

7. What talent(s) do you wish you had?

I would love to be able to play the piano among other things. I hope someday I can take lessons, and I really hope my kids have the desire to take lessons.

8.What do you like most about yourself?

My blue eyes.

1 comment:

jess said...

You are such an awesome example, Aleisha! I miss you!