Saturday, January 15, 2011

We did it!!

So many of you might have been wondering where in the world we have been the last month. Well...I confess...We have been at the GYM! That is right. Starting December 15, 2010 I committed to complete an Ironman in one month. That consists of swimming 2.5 miles, biking 112 miles and running 26.2 miles. Well, on January 13, 2011 I completed that goal!

In the mean time, there was a little TRIATHLON on Jan 15, 2011. Not only did Richard support me in this, HE DID IT WITH ME! Thanks honey! It isn't easy being married to a gym junkie! He is amazing and it was fun to workout together. I didn't get any pictures of him swimming but I did get the bike and run. (This was all indoors) The next one will definitely be outside! Richard and I both placed 13th overall! Great job RICH! You are the BEST!

Here are the stats: (more for our personal records)
Richard
Swim: 8:45
Bike: 18:36
Run: 16:44
Total: 44:05

Aleisha
Swim: 9:02
Bike: 21:47
Run: 25:14
Total: 56:03

I am happy with my time because it is 10 min faster than my first race, but a little disappointed because my practice time for my bike and run were faster. Oh, well. Just gives me more to work on for next time.




Kaitlyn had a fever this morning and I was holding Abby.

2 comments:

Becky Moss said...

Way to Rich and Aleisha! I especially liked that you did this together. You both rock!

Kenny and Jamie Garrett said...

That is amazing! I've been wanting/needing to work out and I think you've inspired me! :)