Thursday, July 28, 2011

We can do hard things!


So for some of you this may not be a hard thing, but for me, this was a hard thing. I had been training for weeks. I never in my life thought I could run a mile, let alone 6.2. But with a lot of practice, prayers, and work, I did it. I ran a 10K. (Now lets not get into technicalities...I use the term run loosely...mine was probably more like a slow jog, and I did have to walk a couple of times). But for me it was hard, and I did it in 1:02. That is a 10min mile. not too bad. Rich was amazing. He trained for about 2-3 weeks, and ran it in 52min. WOW! It was a lot of fun. The best part was learning that I can do things that I never thought I could do. Thanks to the McConkie family for putting up the challenge. Here are some post race photos. (Yes, that is sweat. Next time I will wear different clothes.) I can't see what the next challenge will be. A Sprint Triathlon? Pike's Peak, The Incline, a 1/2 marathon? Bring it on!


1 comment:

Holly said...

Good job Aleisha!! That is awesome! I'm so impressed that you did it...I can think of a lot of other things I'd rather do than run a 10K. I have so much respect for people who can actually buckle down and do it!