This has been a wonderful Christmas for us this year. I got the crazy idea to do an act of kindness every day this whole month. The kids were excited and we made a list of things we could do. Some were big, and some were small. We did things like, putting money in the bell ringer cans, picked up empty shopping carts, let others go infront of us in line, make beds, pick up others toys, write a thank you note to the mail man, gave a the garbage man a candy cane, take a meal to the neighbors, help Bev with laundry, do chores on the dairy farm (feed and milk 80 cows), etc. It was a wonderful experience. We didn't always get one every day, but we did most of the time. I think the best part is that the kids loved it. I think they are beginning to understand the concept of service and how that makes us, and others feel. I think we will try again next year, but I hope that we try everyday anyways. So far the kids are asking to do some still which is GREAT!
The other part of Christmas that was so great was that we had a set amount of money saved and we stayed in our budget, everyone got what the wanted and loved it! Many of the things were from thrift stores, and craig's list, and I couldn't be happier.
We wrote a special letter to Santa asking if he could come to our house early so that our Dad could be home with us. He is supposed to work all weekend. Santa did come and Dad was able to spend Christmas with us. Grandma and Grandpa also go to come by and share Christmas eve with us. The other gift I can't wait for is to talk with my brother Elder Walker who is in Peru serving a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.
We hope you all have a Merry Christmas and enjoy this time with friends and family, but most of all, where ever you are, that you enjoy the spirit of Christ.
Dress up box full of hats, swords, fake money, sunglasses, etc. From sales, and thrift stores after Halloween!

The TEDDY BEAR! Kaitlyn only asked for one thing from Santa this year, and it was this bear. She found it in the Toys R Us toy catalog. Too bad it was a FAO Swartz one and hard to come by, but she never asked for anything else because if she did she might not get her bear. Good think Santa agreed.
Christmas Jammies. So I was a bad mom and wasn't going to do PJ's this year. I was out of time and almost out of money, but Richard saved the day. By 5:30pm our Chrismtas eve he had made sure we all had our Christmas PJ's. Way to go RICH!
2 comments:
So fun! I'm pretty sure I was more excited for Christmas than my kids. I'm glad Rich got to be a part of it
I love your one-kind-act-each-day idea! I think we will try that soon! You are such an amazing mom and woman! I really love that you can always stay within a budget.... you are such a great example. I'm writing name in as president in the next elections!
It looks like your Christmas was fabulous!
OH YEAH! And I need to head all about the phone call!
Post a Comment