The weather was so nice here yesterday that we decided to get together with some friends and eat and let the kids have their Easter egg hunt. The subdivision does one with 3000 eggs, but there are so many kids here they limit the kids to three egg each. We had much more fun watching the kids take their time and get as many eggs as they wanted. Carsen did good with the eggs at first, but then he just wanted to slide. We also did balloons, bubbles, jump ropes, hot wheels cars, and plastic dinosaurs. The best part was the cars and dino's were ones in our play room that we had a lot of! The kids will never know and it saved me
$$$. Oh, speaking of saving money, if you haven't be to the
thrifty mom web site you need to check it out. I got post cereal last week for
.67 cents a box!!! I love good deal. :) Here are

some pictures. Enjoy!



Oh, one last thing. Richard and I have been thinking about how to make Easter more about Christ and less about the East bunny without leaving out the bunny. We have thought about having the Easter Bunny come Friday night instead. In the past we have done the "spiritual easter eggs" which I really like, but I found some new good ideas on
sugardoodle.net and the
ideadoor.com (it might be theideadoor.com) I won't bore you with all the deatils of the great things I found, but I would encourage you to check them out.
2 comments:
Cool. what is the thrifty mom website?
A comment on the Spiritual Easter Eggs: In Primary everyone was given an egg with a flat round stone to represent the stone that covered the tomb and a small picture of the resurrected Christ. After class one of my Sunbeam boys opened his egg, dropped the egg and picture on the floor and stuffed the rock into his pocket saying he didn't want the rest. When his mom picked him up he said, "Look! I got a rock!"
Post a Comment