We were spending the weekend in Emmett working on some projects with Grandma and Grandpa. The weather was AMAZING! The kids were in swimming suites and had made the slide into a water slide and have a great time, while Grandma, Abby and I were weeding. (The boys were inside napping, and reovering from digging pipe in the back of the field.) Carsen was crying the walking towards us and just about passed out as Grandma grabbed him. I ran over and looked at his head, and ran inside to grab a towel for him and his head. At first glance we thought he needed stiches. Kaitlyn said they were going down the slide, her feet first and him head first holding hands. They crashed heads at the bottom, and Kaitlyn's proved to be harder. She only had a goose egg. I went back inside and woke Rich up. (That is not a good way to be woken up after working all night and all morning, and only being asleep for 2 hours). After a second evaluation by two family nurses, we put steri strips on it and were good to go. However, by 6pm it was bleeding again. We took him to the Urgent Care and sure enough...he got stiches. I thought he only had 4, but at second look I think he got 6. Kaitlyn was upset that he got more than her. I hope we don't have to get anymore, but I doubt that will be the case. He was amazing at the dr. and only cried when they put the last two stiches in because it pinched him a little. I was glad that Grandma was willing to keep the girls while we got him stiched up. So now the kids have matching scars and couldn't be prouder! I only wish it would have all been an April's fools joke.
2 comments:
I don't remember Kaitlyn having to have stitches, what happened? It is the exact same place and same side as Brynlee's cyst that was removed. They will all have a matching scar. lol. Glad he is ok.
What eye does Alex have a scar on?
Post a Comment