Saturday, February 25, 2012

Welcome Buddy!

Kaitlyn has never had a lot of self confidence. We always try to encourage her to do things and try new things, but she is very hard and down on herself. When she expressed interest in Basketball we didn't hesitate to sign her up. She loves it and has done very well. The other things she loves is animals. She always has. So, she is going to be a cloverbud in 4H this year. This means that she isn't old enough to show big animals and do all the book work that is required, but she can do smaller animals and some of the book work. So with much research on mom's part, and a lot of help from friends we now have Buddy!

He is a year old Holland lop that a girl used in the Eastern Idaho State Fair last year. I wanted Kaitlyn to have a good experience and I felt that by using a rabbit that was already trained a little she might feel more confident.

She has done great! She checks on him every day before school, and holds him at least once a day. The other kids do too. he is a great addition to our family and can handle lots of love. And so far mom hasn't been the one to take care of him. :)




3 comments:

Sharlee said...

Oh! I need to come see him!!! :) Cuuuuute!

Emily said...

So cute, and SO glad it's you and not me! My kids are going to have to live vicariously through yours because the older I get, the more I realize I don't like pets...any of them. I'm perfectly content to let others have pets my kids can visit!

Jamica said...

Awww! Lucky little kids! I bet they are in heaven!