Saturday, May 19, 2012

5k Complete!

So I did it! I ran, well as a friend of mine put it..slogged (a slow jog) 3.1 miles..without stopping to walk. I did it in 32 min. Not too bad and it is another goal accomplished. Just for the record, I don't like to run. However, I am addicted to the feeling you get when you set a goal, work at it, and complete it! It feel sooo good! It makes you want to shout to the world, look at me! I'm sooo cool! With that being said, I'm sure there are more races in my future. These are some of the wonderful ladies from my ward that ran their first races ever today! Way to Go!!

3 comments:

Stephanie May Anderson said...

Go Aleisha!!! That is an incredible accomplishment and you would have kicked my trash at that 5k, that is way fast. Very inspiring. One of these days we're going to have to do a race together and cheer each other on.

Andrew and Shandee said...

Awesome Aleisha! I have to walk and run so that is so great! 32 minutes is a great time too. Congrats!!!

Emily said...

Yay! I'm so jealous. I'm determined I'll do one at some point in my life! I've tried to talk Clayton into one, but he's not convinced yet!