Friday, February 5, 2010

Lazy Baby

So as my previous post mentioned, Wednesday was quite a busy day for me. Thursday I was going about my normal activity when I had the thought...the baby sure isn't moving much today. But didn't think much of it. That night when I went to bed I realized again that she wasn't moving. Now this wouldn't be a concern but she is a VERY active baby. So after a 1/2 quart of OJ and some poking a little sleep, another 1/2 quart of OJ and no movement it was time to call the dr. I went in for a stress test. They found a heart beat which was a HUGE relief, but she wouldn't wake up. After about 10min on a monitor and a glass of apple juice they brought out the "baby tazer" at least that it what I call it. It is a hand held thing that makes a loud noise and shocks you a little. Does't hurt, but wakes the baby up. And that worked. She was moving all over! They still did and ultrasound to check fluid levels and the cord etc, but we found out why she is so content. She was just haning out SUCKING HER THUMB! It was amazing to see her little face with her fist up to her mouth and you could really see the thumb in her mouth. What a little pill. She is going to be as stubborn as her sister. We are grateful she is okay and can't wait to meet her! Only a few weeks left!

4 comments:

Becky Moss said...

Aaahhhh Scary! I'm so glad that everything turned out fine. Good luck with having a thumb sucker. Maybe not the best habit, but I hear those kiddos are really good at self soothing.

Erin said...

Glad everything is ok, you've just got a comfy little spot for her there.

Jenn said...

We're glad to hear baby is okay!! Sounds like some scary moments for Mom and Dad though. Just days and counting now, hang in there!!! Love you guys!

Jen B said...

Too funny!(Well, and scary!) Each child has their personlity from the start! Were you in a glucose coma after all that juice? Glad everything is ok! I'm excited for you to be towards the end! Hang in there!