Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The whole story...

Because I had been at a 1 and 50% for 3 weeks, I was scheduled to be induced on Monday March 1st. I was told to be at the hospital March 1st at 7am and not to be late. Of course we didn't sleep much if at all and as we were putting our bags in the car the hospital called and said they were full and to call back in a few hours. TOTAL LETDOWN! (I also have to mention that in the middle of the night Kaitlyn came into my room and asked why I was still home and that she thought grandma was going to be here.) So with just a little more waiting we were told to be there at 9:30am. I had no later been given a gown and shown my room when my Dr. showed up ready to break my water. (I was still at a 1). He told the nurse that he had surgery from 1-2 so I couldn't deliver before that and was gone again. Things went fine, and I was told I could have my epidural whenever I wanted, but I didn't want to be a total wimp so I waited a bit..until I was a 4 then I said better get is now while I can still sit still. So epidural one came..waited, no relief....now I was at a 6 pain was pretty good. Called for a second epidural....same guy....pretty hard to sit still, but made it. Waited for relief....NOTHING! In LOTS of pain now....asking if I want to try a different guy for a third epidural because dr. was in surgery and I still had a least an hour or more before he was done. At this point I was in PAIN! I didn't think I could sit for another epidural and asked for some other pain meds. I was sure I was going to throw up and was ready to say just cut her out, when we tried epidural number 3. I don't know if I really worked or I was just delirious from pain...he he just kidding...it did work, and I just kinda crashed for about an hour. The nurse came in and said we should do one practice push before she called the dr, but he walked in just then. One big push and here came 8 pound 15 oz Abigail. No stiches required. :) It was a good thing we skipped the practice push. We left the hospital the next day before she was even 24 hours old. We are all doing well. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy.
Oh, you might notice there are no of Carsen holding her yet. When we got home from the hospital Rich took Carsen back the the dr...he had gone earlier that week...found out poor kid had a really bad sinus infection. So for now he can only admire from a distance.

5 comments:

LindsMcConk said...

Oh my gosh Aleisha, I can't imagine having 3 epidurals and being at an 8 with no relief! You poor thing! I'm glad she got here safely and that you're doing well! Congratulations!

Janelle said...

she is so cute congrats!

Becky Moss said...

Congrats Rich & Aleisha on a beutiful and BIG baby girl. I loved reading your birth story. Thanks for sharing and hooray for no stiches. It sounds like Abigail is happy and healthy. I hope you all are getting enough rest.

Evelyn said...

Wowza, you are tough. I had two epidurals that just plain didn't work at all and I told Jake we could never do it again. HOORAY for no stitches!! Get some sleep!! She is amazing!!

Jen B said...

You gotta be kiddin' me! Three epidurals!!! Thanks goodness she delivered fast! I hope you have a speedy recovery!