Tuesday, January 18, 2011

McConkie Meal Time

Okay, I confess...I hate dinner time! That is right, there really isn't any other way to put it. It isn't the cooking or the cleaning or the planning or anything like that. It is all the preparation and then to sit down to, "I'm not really that hungry", "I don't like this", "How many bites do I have to have?" "My tummy hurts"... along with many threats, raised voices, crying kids, a mom jumping up like a frog getting drinks, more food for Abby who actually eats everything, etc. etc.

So what's a girl to do? Easy. Eat Cereal. That's right folks. I am done with dinner. Until further notice the McConkie dinner will be cold cereal of assorted varieties. At least then we can enjoy one another's company and I don't have to plan, or spend hours cooking and cleaning or grocery shopping. I think it is a win win for all.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

are you sure that you aren't pregnant that is breakfast is all I want to eat when I am pregnant.

Becky Moss said...

I actually laughed a little reading this. Our screaming,crying, fit throwing usually starts toward the end of the meal and sometimes I wonder if I should add sleeping pills to their food at night so we can skip all that. I'm glad you found a temporary solution and at least you will still be having a family meal time. Good Luck!

Shelly said...

I HEAR YA!!! Cereal nights used to happen ALL THE TIME here, except I'd sneak them in when Adam was at work and tell the kids to keep it on the DL. Daddy isn't very fond of my mommy skills on cereal nights. :)
I think that a cereal night may be on my menu soon! :)

Christiansen 6 said...

Me too!! I hate dinner time for the same reason. I go to all the work, put it on the table and the kids take one look at it and say "I don't like that" before they even try it. Dinner time is horrible, unfortunatley my kids don't eat ceral good, so I can't do what you are doing. Good luck with that.

Emily said...

Haha! I love it. We definitely have nights where we eat breakfast for dinner. It would be nice to not kid myself into thinking that "maybe tonight I'll acutally get to eat my dinner while it's hot..."I'd even take warm some nights!

Jamica said...

Do you need me to send you my "PB&J Contract"? I made my kids sign a contract that if they made ONE comment or made ONE glance at their food that gave me the impression that they weren't entirely impressed with what I placed before them, then they would have to eat PB&J (made by themselves) for one week.
I know, I'm mean. But they stopped complaining! Sometimes a girl just has to go on strike!